This is the time of year that everyone is out shopping and looking for that perfect gift for the people in their life as well as looking for a few good deals for themselves. If you are prepared and have a plan, you can engage your customers by helping them score some great deals. When this is done correctly not only will this net you more sales but also can get you, new customers.
7 Ways to Increase Holiday Sales and Engage Your Customers
1) Promote Free Shipping. Lots of people prefer to do their shopping online because they hate the hustle and bustle of shopping at a store during the holidays. However, buying items from lots of different stores can mean the average buyer has to spend lots of money on shipping. So instead of buying from smaller businesses, they opt to buy from places like Amazon where they can get free shipping. When you offer free shipping to your customers, they are more likely to buy from you instead of looking for similar items on other sites that do offer free shipping. Make sure to promote your free shipping offer on your social media networks and website.
2) Offer Holiday Specials. Remember, it usually costs you a lot more to acquire brand new customers than to retain the ones you have. So, if you only really reach out to your best customers once a year, make sure it’s during the holiday season. Some ideas for this are: Free gift with a large purchase, free sample pack with an order, 20% discount on 1 item if they purchase over $50, or anything else you can think of (get creative). I like to give FREE gifts more than discounts. That way they get to try a new product and if they like it, hopefully, buy it again.
3) Share Gift Guides. How many times have you been stumped on a gift for that hard-to-buy-for person on your list? We’ve all been there! Help your customers by sharing gift ideas tailored to your following. Some examples are: “gifts for mom,” “great gifts for co-workers,” “gifts for neighbors,” “gifts for the mail carriers,” or “gifts for beauty lovers.”
4)Create A Sense of Urgency. Christmas comes fast to everyone except school children. LOL. It always shocks me to see how many actual days are left until the big day and I bet your customers are the same way. Remind them of this sense of urgency by posting a reminder of how many shopping days are left until the big day. You can do with memes or countdowns.
5) Send Holiday Cards. I love holiday cards! They are literally one of my favorite things about the holiday season. You can mail these to your best customers and make sure to thank them for their business. This not only shows your customers that you care but also makes them feel good. People love to do business with people who make them feel good.
6) Be A Live Billboard for Your Products. If you sell clothes, jewelry, makeup or anything else that can be put on your body make sure you have it on when taking pictures for your social media. This is a great way to share your products without being super spammy. If people like the items you have on, they are going to comment on your post. When they do this, you can private message and have a conversation about it.
7) Create Or Promote A Referral Program. The holidays are a perfect time to say thanks, and holiday referral programs give you a unique opportunity to do that. The best part about referral programs is your current customers can get a discount on their holiday shopping just for spreading the word about how much they love your product. In return, your new customer will also get a discount for trying your items and if they love them, they can become a part of your referral program.
Increase Holiday Sales And Engage Your Customers
Set aside a day every week for the 4 next week to try a few of these tips. By making these few small changes you can rest assured that you will be rewarded with more sales this holiday season.
Do you have an idea that works to increase your holiday sales and engage your customers? If so, share it with me in the comments section!
Want even more tips and tricks from me?
Each Monday I post new pieces of training on my blog to keep you inspired and educated!
I also am live on my Facebook Page on Mondays at 8 pm EST providing training and answering your questions.
Make sure you like the page and set notifications to see first so you don’t miss out on anything!
For on-demand training now head over to my YouTube Channel!