The holidays are on their way and the last thing you want to do is wait until the last minute to start thinking about your holiday social media posts!
Start planning and scheduling your holiday content now so you can sit back and relax throughout the month of December!
In this guide, you will get photo ideas and social media posts for Instagram or Facebook for an entire month!
With these ideas, you can start creating content now and put your social media on autopilot throughout the holidays.
Holiday Social Media Post Ideas
1) Countdown to The Holidays – You can start this 10 days out and share 1 fun thing for your followers to do each day as you count down to any holiday.
2) Create a Favorite Holiday Movies List – Forget Lifetime! Make your own list.
3) 12 Days Posts –Create a series of holiday tips posts that make sense for your brand.
4) DIY Holiday Crafts – School will be out and moms will be looking for fun stuff to do with their kids so why not give them some fun ideas? You can also use DIY crafts for adults like home décor ideas or fun creative ways to wrap gifts.
5) Christmas and New Year Eve Ideas – Do you have a fun tradition or game you play at the holidays? Why not share it with your followers?
6) Recipe Posts – One thing the holidays are known for is food! This makes it the perfect time to share a recipe with your followers and if you’re not much of a cook, drink recipes are fun also.
7) Safety Tips – The last thing anyone wants to deal with is an emergency so why not provide your followers with a few holiday safety tips.
8) Gifts Guides – Besides food, the other thing the holiday brings is tons of gifts to buy. Share with your followers some gift guides to help them with their shopping. Think list like “Gifts for Him,” “Gifts for Mom,” “Gifts for Grandma,” etc.
9) Contest – Contest are one of the best ways to get new followers and give someone the chance to win a gift!
Here are a few contest ideas you can use this holiday:
- Instagram Photo Contest – Encourage followers to share themed photos on their pages tagging your profile and using your holiday hashtag.
- Facebook Like and Share Contest – Ask your followers to like your page and share a post to get entered to win.
- Guess the Answer – Take a picture of a jar filled with jellybeans or another item and ask your followers to guess how many are in the jar. First-person to guess the answer or the closest to the answer wins a prize.
- Most Likes Contest – Have people submit a photo around a theme and have your following vote by liking the photos. The photo with the most likes wins. Some ideas for this are wreath decorating, outdoor lights decor, snowman decorating or ugly sweater contest.
10) Holiday Music Playlists – You can list your favorite songs or create a playlist on YouTube.
11) Personalized Video Greetings – Film a happy holiday greeting from you for your followers.
12) Holiday Themed Memes – These are great fillers and they are funny, so they normally get shared.
13) Caption This Post – This type of post gets the best results in the holiday season. It will not take a lot of time to find a funny and odd image based around opening presents, cooking the holiday meal, or playing in the snow.
14) This or That – Create a set of fun holiday-themed quizzes for your followers to participate in and share.
15) Letters to Santa – Have your followers submit their children’s letters to Santa and share the best ones on your page.
16) Hacks and Tips – Share some helpful tips or hacks for the holidays in your niche. Think easy holiday makeup ideas or hacks to keep losing weight through the holidays.
17) Review Products and Gifts Ideas – We love to read reviews before we buy anything. So why not do a short video or live where you review products people might be gifting? Make sure to include your products to generate leads and drive potential customers to your website.
18) New Year’s Resolutions – We all make them so do a post and ask your followers to share theirs.
19) A Year of Changes – Make a video or photo carousel of how you or your products have evolved over the past year.
20) Charity – The holidays are the best time not only to take but also to give something to others. Share a charity that you are donating to and bring awareness to their cause.
21) Special Offers – Get in the holiday spirit by sharing special products or discounts.
Holiday Social Media Post Ideas
22) Questions – Asking questions is a great way to get people commenting on your post.
Here are some examples:
How much snow do you think we will get this winter?
What is your favorite part about the holidays?
If you could spend New Year’s Eve anywhere at all, where would it be?
23) Celebrate Holidays Big and Small – Below is a list of my favorites.
December 4 – Santa’s List Day – hope you are on the “Nice” list
December 5 – Bathtub Party Day and Repeal Day – The 21st Amendment ends Prohibition. I’ll drink to that!
December 6 – St. Nicholas Day
December 9 – Christmas Card Day
December 12 – Poinsettia Day
December 18 – Bake Cookies Day
December 21 – Winter Solstice
December 22 – Chanukah (Hanukkah) Starts
December 23 – Festivus – for the rest of us
December 24 – Christmas Eve
December 25 – Christmas Day
December 30 – Chanukah (Hanukkah) Ends
December 31 – New Year’s Eve
24) Share Photos – This works even better if you have a story to go with it. Dust off your photo albums or take some new photos with these ideas:
- Go to some local events like your Christmas tree lighting.
- Share photos of when you were younger. Think the best and worst gifts you got as a child or that awful holiday picture your family took one year.
- Food pics for the win! Restaurants love to showcase food and/or beverages that warm people up so go ahead and take that pic of a nice piece of pie or mug of hot chocolate.
- Snow photos if you are fortunate enough to live in a place that gets snow.
- Don’t get snow? Use a simple black and white filter to give your photos a wintery look.
There it is! A whole month of social media content ideas just for the holidays!
Did you get some inspiration? I sure hope so. If I missed an idea you love to use at the holidays drop me a comment and let me know!
Want even more tips and tricks from me?
Each Monday I post new pieces of training on my blog to keep you inspired and educated!
I also am live on my Facebook Page on Mondays at 8 pm EST providing training and answering your questions.
Make sure you like the page and set notifications to see first so you don’t miss out on anything!
For on-demand training now head over to my YouTube Channel!
Did you get value? If you did share the love on social media and help someone else!