10 Social Media Post Ideas for Summer You Can Use to Build Your Business. Whether you are looking to spruce up your current content or at loss as to what new content you should create, these ideas are sure to spark your creativity. No matter what business you happen to be in you can take these ideas and make them work for you.
Social Media Pro Tip: If you are looking to take some time off from your business this summer, make sure you schedule your content before you leave. Then you can just check in on how your content is performing right from your smartphone. No computer needed. I recommend using the scheduling that is available to you inside the platform. Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube all allow scheduling inside their respective platforms.
10 Social Media Post Ideas for Summer
1. Fun Summer Images. Pictures are a great way to get more engagement on social media sites. In fact, posts that use pictures are 3 times more likely to get seen than posts without pictures. This time of year is all about bright colors so try to work this into your post.
Summer theme photos ideas:
Funny ways to cool down
Anything with ice cream
Picture of toes…not at the beach. Get creative about where your toes are spending the summer!
2. Summer Specials. Summer is the perfect time for a sale! Let people know what is going on with your business and give them a reason to shop with you. You can promote summer specials, freebies, coupons, discounts, and bundles. Many businesses naturally slow down in the summer but creating limited-time offers can help you avoid the summer slump.
3. Summer Contest. Contests are an easy way to increase engagement and reach on social media. All you need to do is pick out a prize, lay out the rules, and moderate the submissions. After the contest is over remember to promptly announce the winner and award them with their prize.
Summer contest ideas:
Summer photo contest
Funniest cooldown video
Guess the location photo. Take a photo at a great summer attraction and ask, “Where am I?”
4. Behind the Scenes. What do you do to beat the heat or enjoy the summer weather? Why not show your audience? This is a “slice of life” post that will help your followers get to know you.
5. Summer Favorites. Why not share some of your summer favorites with your audience and ask them what theirs are. This can be anything that makes sense for your brand. So, if you are in food, it could be your favorite summer recipes. If you are in beauty, it might be your favorite products that save your skin during the summer heat.
6. Summer Tips. Share summer tips and tricks that will help to make your followings’ summer better or solve a problem they might have. If you are in skincare, it might be tips to help get the perfect summer glow without the harmful rays of the sun. Maybe you are going to share tips on how to keep bugs from biting you or how to keep your lawn looking green. It should make sense for your business. Get creative.
7. Questions. These are great for getting the conversation going on your post. Having conversations on your post is one of the best ways to get the algorithm to show your content to more people. Make sure to always include an image or place the question on an image to get more attention.
Summer Social Media Post Question Ideas.
This or That Questions.
- Lemonade or something stronger?
- Ocean or lake?
- The smell of freshly cut grass or suntan lotion?
Fill in the Blanks.
- If I could go anywhere this summer I would go to ___________
- The top thing on my summer bucket list is ________________
- My favorite kind of ice cream is ________________________
- Summer is not summer without ________________________
- When it is hot, how do you keep cool?
- What is your favorite warm-weather treat?
- What are your July 4th traditions that you could not live without?
8. Caption this. Post a funny summer photo and ask your audience to caption it. Funny posts get lots of engagement on social media so you will get a boost from this type of post.
9. Summer Holidays. Take advantage of known and unknown holidays for a fun and easy social media post. Try to work the holiday into what your brand is about or what you are selling. You can view my favorite site to find fun and known holidays here.
10. Partner with others. Look for people who would be a good fit for your brand and partner with them. This can mean anything from working with an influencer to help you promote your products to finding an expert to interview. Start reaching out to people and see what you can arrange.
Now that you have some great content ideas, sit down, and make a list of which ideas you are going to use to build your business. Share with me in the comments one idea that you are going to use this summer. I love hearing from you.
Did you get value? If you did share the love on social media and help someone else!
Want even more tips and tricks from me?
Each Monday I post new pieces of training on my blog to keep you inspired and educated!
I also am live on my Facebook Page on Mondays at 8 pm EST providing training and answering your questions.
Make sure you like the page and set notifications to see first so you don’t miss out on anything!
For on-demand training now head over to my YouTube Channel!